Spring is here... bring on the change! ~ A new blog

May 16, 2010

With spring in the air, I've been feeling the effects of the warmth, the sunshine and flowers blooming.

I've been inspired to do a lot more than just the usual spring cleaning... more like a complete makeover!


A strange spring this has been so far for me. For a long time, I've been longing for a change, both in my life, and on my blog. For myself and my life, I've been longing to go back to my old "hippie" self. You see, back in high school and college, while everyone was trying to figure out who they were, I knew exactly who I was. I was a laid back and open, patient, easy going, art creating kinda girl. And that is probably the time in my life that I was happiest with who I was.

Fast forward 10-ish years, 2 kids and two cross country moves later, I was completely lost. That is why I had started blogging: to find out who I am as a person, since I felt so lost in the mom role.

Enter the present time: over a year of blogging later, lots of book and blog reading, soul searching, being inspired by some people, and a camping trip later and... it's all falling into place.


I've slowly been returning to my "old hippie ways" over the past year, thanks to this blog, and realized that being a mom is THE most important part of me right now! I just have to take care of myself a bit more and be less caught up with all the "small things" in life to spend more time with my children, because they are growing way too fast! I've also been working on being more laid back and calmer with my kids and in life in general (thank you meditation Podcast!). But the camping trip last week and a few very inspiring recent blog finds were the last things to bring a new perspective into my eyes.

We've been lacking nature, creativity, and mommy-children quality time in our lives. Considering we live on a 3rd floor apartment, my kids don't get to play outside all day long like other kids can do. Like I used to do as I child. (they are too little to go outside on their own, so they can't play out while I'm making lunch, etc.)


So I decided we needed, I needed to make some changes, that will bring balance and more happiness to us all.

To go with those fun changes, I felt that a new blog was needed. A place where I can start fresh, with a fun and positive new attitude. No more venting posts (like I've done a few times in the past), no more fretting over the kids not eating a certain foods. But don't worry, I will still share recipes and such :) I just wanted a place where I can really give out a more positive vibe about life and be more creative. I am aware, the limits of this blog are only in my head. But still. I just really needed a positive, creative, happy, inspiring, change.

So stay tuned to see how we will incorporate more nature and fun into our lives (along with more yummy foods, of course!). I really hope you will like my NEW BLOG and will continue to follow us on our journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails