The spark is back!

May 1, 2010

Good morning everyone!
I hope you are all enjoying your beautiful Saturday morning!? One of the things I love about weekends, is that it gives a sense of fresh start, even though it's the end of the week. You know, after being so busy all week, maybe the weekend finally offers you some time to take care of yourself.
That's the case for me right now. I am using this weekend to refocus on myself. On my health to be more precise. For the past couple of months, as you might have noticed, I found it hard to write posts about food, because I have been lacking lots of focus in that department. (It's sugar code for falling off the wagon completely, if you read between the lines ;)
Letting, allowing myself to eat just about whatever I wanted has been like a party in my mouth constantly. But not so much a party in my stomach.... more like a storm!
But after spending a bit less time writing on my blog lately, and reading more about other very inspiring people on the blog sphere, it reminded me why I was on the path that I was when it comes to healthy eating. And after spending a bit less time on the computer than usual, and waayyyy more time playing with my children, that reminded me what's at stake here.
I need to take care of myself for myself, and for my children. So it's time for a permanent change. Stop going back and forth, leave my old sad eating habits (that my body can obviously not handle) behind and stick to the new healthy path I had started following...
My "spark" is back!!!
So am trading goat cheese quessadillas on wheat tortillas (I will still allow myself the occasional goats feta for now as it's fine for me, but not too often)

for raw couscous and other gluten free meals.



And trading yummy vegan goodies I enjoyed baking and eating (even this past week)



for raw coconut carob haystacks.

After the kids went to bed, I dedicated a few evenings this week for searching the Internet to find some gluten free meals that we hopefully all can enjoy. My stomach has been making such a number lately, it's clear that I could handle small quantities of dairy and gluten on occasion, but multiple times a day is just not working for me anymore.

Like I said, I had been reading blogs of some awesome and inspiring people lately and it renewed my spark for healthy eating.

And here is one super easy and yummy recipe I tried that is worth sharing:

Nut butter and cacao smoothie


The lovely Mrs. M from RWM & Me left me the recipe in her comments a little while back and I hope it's OK with her, but I HAD to share! Here is how I made mine:

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup GF rice milk (or any milk you like)
  • 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
  • about 1 Tbsp nut butter (or more, to taste)
  • 1-2 Tbsp hemp seeds

Blend and enjoy!

It's oh! so good! If I ever can resist drinking every last drop of it, I want to freeze some in Popsicle molds for the kids and I. It's a perfect summer (or even winter) treat! I dare you to resist drinking it all. I don't think it's possible, lol.

Nothing says you can't take the path to health and treat it like a road trip at the same time, right?

Have fun living life and staying healthy and enjoy your weekend!

Stephanie xx

2 comments:

aletheia on May 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM said...

Your raw haystacks looks D-licious! :-)

I get inspired by reading other people's blogs too. :)

Mrs. M on May 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM said...

You're always welcome to share! And I'm so glad you do! Without each other's ideas, etc we'ld all be stuck in the same ruts...or at least I would be;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails