Jasper rocks!

May 12, 2010

This weekend was so much fun!
During the drive, the kids were busy at work with their coloring kits. We barely heard them except for the occasional "are we there yet?", lol.




This is the face I got when I asked her to say cheese.
She's actually saying cheese when I took the pic, can you tell?


We saw lots of wildlife on the way to Jasper. And I mean lots.

The kids soon discovered that one of their favourite things to do, is to throw rocks in the water.



Still some snow by the lake. The water was so cold!




Can you see the glaciers up there?



Waterfall on the side of the road. Most of it was sill frozen though.




Patricia Lake, Jasper Ab.



Horseshoe Lake... the photo does not even do justice to the color of the water. It was breathtaking!


To get to Horseshoe lake, we had to hike a little while from the road. It was the first time we went hiking with the kids and they really enjoyed it. Though we never ventured very, very far since we were not exactly equipped (read water, snacks, bear spray, etc.), it was so much fun and we are definitely going to do it again!

Not far from the view above, when I turned around, I notice a cute little patch of juniper bushes and the berries were starting to become ripe. I don't know quite enough about juniper berries other than the essential oil, so I did not pick any. But they sure looked pretty!

Juniper berries


As for the camping itself, it was an absolute blast! It was a great way to spend time as a family, and it really recharged my batteries.

I'm ready for more camping!

(I apologize for the lack of pictures of us and Jasper itself, but my camera died shortly after we got there and I did not bring my charger. But instead of being mad at myself about it, I was busy having fun and enjoying the moment. So I hope you can forgive me ;)

3 comments:

lafillenaturelle on May 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM said...

How come Jasper wasn't this beautiful when I went, hmmm? I love the picture of your daughter saying 'Cheese' - ha!

I'm glad you took the time to enjoy the moment, instead of taking the battery-death too seriously. Living in the moment >>>> taking pictures of it.

Sheri (Green and Crunchy) on May 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM said...

What do you mean, 'lack of pictures'? These are gorgeous! Those mountains are breathtaking and make me miss the West Coast. I am glad you had fun!
(those coloring kits? GENIUS. Will have to snag that idea for the next long car ride :)

Wee Waldorf on May 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM said...

so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails