Our new favourite (mini) Farmers Market

April 23, 2010

Months ago, I came across this fabulous looking market and decided to wait and give it to my daughter for her birthday. So when her big day rolled around this past week, I finally got to give it to her.

It's the Cherry Blossom Market from the brand Playskool.

I had heard great things about their Rose Petal Cottage (from the same line of products), though I had never actually seen it with my own eyes.

It does not deceive!

It's easy for a grown up to assemble, the mount for the "tent" is made of metal with hard plastic connectors so it's sturdy (and can be taken apart if you want to), and the tent is double sided so that the metal frame is hiding inside.

Let's not forget that it looks absolutely adorable and can provide hours of pleasure.


It also came with a little cash register and some play money as well. With a theme like a farmers market (or it could also be a little store), it's perfect for my two kids to play together. They each take on a role of either the vendor or the customer and play without fighting.

You might see in the picture above, she also got the fruit cutting kit from Melissa and Doug, which goes perfectly with the market theme. They've been using little canvas lunch bags that we have and pretend they are like my reusable shopping bags so they can bring their produce "back home'.

My kids always are very enthusiastic at the thought of going to the real farmers market and getting some local produce, but now, they can create their own and let their imaginations flow.

This product truly is quality. And the cuteness is undeniable. I really recommend it!

(Pardon the mess :)


Note: I did not get paid by anyone to write this review, nor did I get contacted or asked by the company to do so. I was just honestly impressed with this toy and thought I would share my thoughts about it, for all the other parents out there.

2 comments:

aletheia on April 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM said...

Hey you. Thanks for stopping by my blog after all those long...months? I have no clue when I commented. Your kids look older though, and a mini-farmer's market is the perfect primer for them going to a real one when they grow older to appreciate them in a real way and potentially develop a love for fresh, local produce. Because that's always important for kids. Right? I know you're with me on this one Steph. :-)

Stephanie on April 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM said...

Hey! Yes, it was months ago that you had comended... last Sept or october I believe.

And your right, I am with you on that one!

Thanks for visiting again :) (and I'll be visiting you too, love your blog :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails