Whishing you a beautiful Saturday!

February 13, 2010

Good morning everyone!

I thought I would share with you a picture of these beautiful tulips I bought myself last week, as it made me so happy to look at them. I know I sound bright and cheery this morning, but the truth is, is that it's only 7:30 am, I've been up for over an hour already and was up most of the night with my daughter. She's had a fever for 2 days now and I went to bed too late, watching a movie. While I am in a good mood, I am not fully awake yet this morning... maybe after I've had a good breakfast and my morning cuppa ;)



Last night, I was planning on doing some cooking, baking and some "uncooking" too, so I'd have lots of good healthy foods on hand for the weekend and part of the week coming, and also because we had plans to go to a kids birthday party today (and it's at the pool). But like I said, I stayed up too late watching a movie, so the food prep didn't happen, and since my daughter still has a fever and my son also woke up with a nasty cough, I believe that today's birthday party attendance will have to be replaced with watching cartoons, playing board games and... you guessed it: cooking, baking and "uncooking".

First, I need to test a vegan chocolate cupcake recipe I found a little while ago. I love to turn cookie or muffin recipes into vegan ones, but I've never actually made a vegan cake. And my daughter's birthday is coming, though it's not for another two months, I don't want to leave testing cake recipes to the last minute. And if they turn out good, well... tomorrow is Valentine's day. So the kids and I will have a little treat!

I also NEED to whip up a batch of Jennifer Cornbleet's raw granola. It's super easy AND very yummy!


It's equal parts soaked almonds, soaked sunflower seeds (didn't have the walnuts like in her recipe though) and raisins, and a dash of cinnamon. That's it! Give it a whirl in the food processor, and keep in the fridge up to five days. I like to add oodles of cinnamon to mine, and when I'm ready for a snack, I just add some banana slices and some organic vanilla rice milk (I always have that stuff in the fridge, just love it!). It tastes super sweet and it surprisingly doesn't take much of the granola to fill me up. I ate the last batch mostly as snacks. I tend to get quite hungry around 2:30-3pm and right after the kids go to bed. It's the perfect pick me up. And since it's raw (except for the rice milk), it's practically guilt free!

I hope you all enjoy your day! I'm going to take care of my little ones now :)

3 comments:

Mrs. M on February 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM said...

Thanks for the cheer!
Looking forward to your recipes...I am having the worst time GF baking. Ugh!
Hope your Littles are on the mend and you all have a happy, snuggly day.

HippieMom on February 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

I hope your kidos are getting better♥♥

Nice on getting the tulips, they are beautiful;-]Love the photo! and I love the recipe! I am keeping it as I lOve granola.Thank's for sharing.

Happy Valentine

and ♥♥♥THANK YOU♥♥♥ for your comments.

♥xOxO♥

Sheri (Green and Crunchy) on February 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM said...

Gorgeous flowers! A little touch of spring in the middle of winter :)

That granola looks so nice and easy! I have a fave rawnola recipe that I whip up often -- I like to snack mid-day just like you :)

Hope your little ones are feeling better very soon!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails