A summery raw recipe in winter!

February 22, 2010


Isn't it beautiful?

I made this last week, and ate it all before I remembered to take a picture. But it's that good, that I made it again this weekend and thought I'd share the recipe with you :) I originally found the recipe while watching clips on YouTube from Jennifer Cornbleet. But she's got a few recipes also posted on her site HERE. This one was from her site.

Not Tuna Pate

  • 1/2 cup soaked raw sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • Pinch salt (recipe called for 1/4 tsp, but I tried half that, and even that was too much for me)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp minced celery
  • 1 Tbsp minced onion
  • 1 Tbsp minced parsley

Place the sunflower seeds, almonds, water, lemon juice and salt in a food processor, and process until very fine. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Add the celery, onion and parsley and pulse briefly, just to mix. Store in a sealed container in the fridge, it will keep for 1 week.

The very first time I made this, was last summer. I only had fresh dill on hand, so that's what I used instead of parsley. It was OK, but not as great as it is with the parsley. Somehow, the understated flavor of parsley works just perfectly in this dish. You can eat it as is, or in a salad, or even make a wrap using large green leaves and put the pate in it. That would be delish!

It's a very summery recipe, and though it's still winter here and everything is covered in snow, I'm starting to get in the summer mood. I'm not sure why, but I just am. Maybe it has something to do with being tired of my kids getting sick?! I'm just ready for taking the kids to the park, wearing flip flops and enjoying watermelon and other summer fruits.

How about you? Sick of winter yet?

2 comments:

Sheri (Green and Crunchy) on February 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM said...

Wow. This looks really delicious -- gorgeous plating and presentation! I must try this -- I need a summer meal here in snowy Ohio :)

How are the kiddies? Feeling better? They get cuter every time I visit you here -- your son's big brown eyes peeking over the couch (and I love little boys in baseball hats!), and your daughter bustin' a move with her great big smile...so sweet, those babies of yours. Enjoy your days together :)

Keep well, take good care -- hope those germies are on the way OUT!

Mrs. M on February 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM said...

It is beautiful!
I ate a salmon salad wrap for breakfast this morning, so let me just say I'm definately up for trying this recipe.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails