Home days with sick kids

February 15, 2010

These past few days have been pretty uneventful. Or eventful, depending on how you look at it. Both kids are still sick, ugh! They are both sick, but not for the same reason. Weird, eh?

My daughter has had an intermittent fever because she's got her last molar pushing through her gums, poor baby girl! She was fine yesterday... until she woke up at 3 am with a big fever again. She's laying on the couch with a pillow and a blanket right now, watching a movie and patiently waiting for her medicine to start working to be a bit more comfortable. And she's also not eating today. I'll be glad when it's done!

My son, on the other hand, has a cold. It just started with a cough, a runny nose and a slight fever and within a day, the fever was really bad... he's got, yet again, another ear infection. I believe another trip to the Emerg will be in order today because it's hurting him pretty bad. Fun times.

There's been a whole lot of movie watching going on here these past few days (it's been like this since Friday!), and when they feel ok enough to get off the couch or be awake, some drawing, painting and playing with play dough.

I might actually finish reading the China Study in the next couple days! I started this book/brick months ago but I made a huge dent into it this weekend so far.

So we're taking it pretty easy here as you can see. I'm going to take care of my little ones now and do lots of snuggling :)

Have a great week!

3 comments:

SQUISHY on February 15, 2010 at 1:50 PM said...

It's half-term here so we snuggled and watched Beethoven - I know it's old but we had never seen it and all love dit - except for the constant pleas now for a St Bernard, it was worth it for 90mins peace!

Sheri (Green and Crunchy) on February 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM said...

Sorry that your littles aren't feeling great -- hope they are feeling good very soon.

Those movie-watching days sound pretty cozy...minus your daughter's teething and your son's cold :)

LOVED China Study. Loved it!

Stephanie on February 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM said...

The kids are feeling almost 100% today! Yay!

Sheri: It is such a great book! I've never read anything that made me understand health in such a way. The part that clicked the most for me is when he talks about cancer and heart disease. Pretty eye opening. It did take me a while to get through it tough, but so worth reading!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails