Desperately needing a change

January 4, 2010

Hi everyone, I hope your all doing well?

With the holidays being over and the arrival of the new year, I find myself in need of a change. I don't know about you, but I seemed to use the Christmas holidays (or the whole month of December) as an excuse to literally eat anything and everything in sight.

Not that my diet was anywhere near perfect before, as I've been known to eat a whole bag of licorice in one sitting, on the same day that I'd have a green smoothie for breakfast and a vegan lunch. For someone who's been trying to become a vegetarian, I am certainly not proud of myself right now. I've eaten more meat in the past couple weeks, than I had in the past few months combined. I want to study to be a holistic nutritionist, yet I've eaten at fast food places multiple times recently, and I can tell you that not once, did I order the salad on the menu.


Now, that's where the need for change and this blog comes in. I decided to make some changes... I want to make this blog even more about health, nutrition and my struggles, than ever before. And if I can figure out how to add YouTube video's on here, you will see some too. YouTube is such a great source for raw recipes, if your ever looking for some.


Another reason I say I need a change, is because with all this unhealthy eating I've been doing recently, I recked havoc on my body so bad. My body is speaking to me loud and clear. My skin is breaking out like a kid entering puberty, I've gained weight (and I'm already overweight), and I am getting "gallbladder-like" pains.

The problem with that, is I already had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago, at the mere age of 27. Which means it's not gall bladder pains, but probably heartburn. I know that because in the past week, this strange pain happens right after I drink coffee.

Oh, and have I mentioned that I am very lactose intolerant and I put cream in that coffee?

And last, but not least, I've had eczema on my back for the past 2 months and I know that it's a reaction to something I am eating (allergic reaction), but I have no clue what it might even be. I think all these are a good enough reason for some major change in my eating habits and make sure those changes are permanent, not temporary.

I don't know why I've been doing this to my self, but it ends here, and now. So I am going to use this blog to really inspire myself to make some great changes, and if I can help or inspire anyone else in the process, that's great too!
I would like to mention, I removed my old template and am in the process of revamping the look of this blog (because I like change). But I am having some issues, so please bare with me, as you may find the template changing for a while until I figure out what works. Thanks for hanging in there with me!
So I think this post is long enough for now. The next one will be about the changes I started making today.
What kind of changes did the new year inspire you to make (or want to make)? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) on January 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM said...

Might I recommend the 5 Days vegan or 5 Days low GI programs? Seriously. We are starting as a group in two days and both programs are free of glutenous grains, dairy, sugar, corn, soy... all the major food allergens. Just something to think about. :) Yes- I might just be that devil, or maybe angel, on your shoulder right now.

Stephanie on January 4, 2010 at 9:44 PM said...

OMG, I can't believe you were on my blog... I'm a little "star struck" right now :) I was actually thinking about your 5 days vegan program yesterday as I was laying on the couch in pain and a majic bag on my stomac... I might just join in!

Thanks for visiting my blog, you put a smile on my face. I think your awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails