Supper Yummy Cinnamon Rolls

December 8, 2009

In the spirit of the coming holidays, I thought I'd share this cinnamon rolls recipe. Though I have to warn you, they are not vegan, not gluten-free, have oodles of sugar in them and are definitely not low fat.
So why am I posting the recipe?
Because they are that good! I mean, look at them! Does that not look good to you? *Drool* I said they were supper yummy, not super healthy.
I almost never make these, because they are so good, there is no stopping me. And I know what's in them. But I do make them once or twice a year. And I just made them this weekend. (Only so I'd have a picture to post with the recipe... yeah, right! lol) So here goes:
Cinnamon Rolls

  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • Milk (or milk alternative)
  • Soft margarine
  • More brown sugar
  • Cinnamon

Mix flour, 1/2 cup margarine, baking powder, salt and brown sugar together. Add eggs and enough milk to make a soft dough. Roll into a 1/4 inch think rectangle. Spread with soft or melted margarine and more brown sugar to cover. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375 F until brown (takes about 20 minutes in my oven).

I know it's pretty vague, and some ingredients don't have measurements, but even before I became comfortable "winging" recipes, I still was able to make this and succeed every time.

Now that I've shared this supper-yummy-and-definitely-not-healthy recipe, I'd like to point out that if I could ever turn this recipe into a vegan one, or even gluten free one, I think that would be awesome. But I have never attempted a gluten-free recipe yet. They scare me. All these different flours, and gums things... I just hate baking something and not knowing before hand that it's going to taste great. And to make it vegan, I don't know if the dough would rise by replacing the eggs with flax and water AND replacing the milk with rice or almond milk would probably change the taste greatly. I'm not sure, but that's what I think.

So I'll ask you this: If you have a cinnamon roll recipe that is vegan (even if it does have white flour in it), can you please share it with me? I promise I will try it, and if I like it, I will feature it here (if it's OK with you) and link back to your blog if you have one. I just really like vegan baking lately. It just makes me feel good to know what goes into it :)

Happy baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails