2009 in pictures and my favourite part

December 31, 2009

The year is ending and today I found myself reflecting on this past year, like probably many of you have been doing.

At first I thought, It's been boring, nothing happened and I have nothing to talk about... But then I thought about it just a bit more. And "au contraire", it's been a very eventful year!

So here it is, the past year of my life, and the things that happened that brought me where I am today.

First, my kids grew like weeds, as all kids do. Here's the proof:

Ashton in January 2009 and then again this past December.

The difference between those two pictures almost scares me. He grew up WAY too fast.

And here is Arianne in January also and then again in October.

Looking at these pictures made me realize I really need to slow things down and spend more time playing with my kids and enjoy the simple little moments in life even more.
This year, I also discovered green (and purple in this case) smoothies. They changed my life! (and my health). To me, green smoothies are literally the photographic symbol of the fascination I began to have with nutrition.

They are just oh so yummy and give me the best energy boost! Better than any chocolate bar, or caffeine drink, that's for darn sure!
This year we...
...played, snuggled, grew and evolved with our kids LOTS :)


There were a few important firsts.
Like first bike.

And first day of (pre)school).
There were also some silly moments playing in the closets!

But I must say, one of the major things that happened in our house this year is....



My kids became best friends! To me that is the most special thing. I was an only child you see, so I always wanted to have 2 children, so they would not feel alone like I did growing up. Though I am aware a lot of siblings do not get along until they are adults sometimes. On the other hand, my hubby has only one sibling. A sister. They are two years apart and from all the stories I heard of them growing up, they were very close, (though they also had lots of fights as most siblings do).

To see that my children have developed that kind of relationship in just the past year, melts my heart. Don't get me wrong, my son loves to pick on his baby sister. And she loves to get him in trouble and start crying as if she's hurt to make me believe that he hit her. But in the end, they LOVE each other so darn much. They play together all the time, weather it's with his cars and trucks, or with her doll house or tea set. They make crafts together. He's trying to teach her the alphabet and songs now that he's in school. And when we pick him up at school at the end of a class, he always runs to give her a hug and a kiss first. Not me, her. Always.

So I would call this past year, a really good year.

Oh, and I should not forget to mention that our trip to the Canadian Rockies in September definitely rocked my world!

So from my family to yours, I wish you a very Happy New Year and may 2010 bring you lots of health and happiness.

Steph xx

6 comments:

MarquisCBuxton on January 1, 2010 at 4:41 AM said...

nice blog..................................................

aletheia on January 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM said...

Aw, your family is adorable! :) Good on you for deciding to pursue your burgeoning interest in nutrition and health - may it develop into a real passion! :)

Happy 2010!

Aletheia

mom seeks life on January 2, 2010 at 2:33 AM said...

This is a really gorgeous post and your children's friendship is beautiful. Hope you have a great and wonderful 2010 together x

HippieMom on January 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM said...

I nominated you for the happy award ;-] Have fun!
XoXo.

HippieMom on January 4, 2010 at 2:34 PM said...

I don't know if the previous message went?! I nominated you for the happy award ;-]
XoXo.

Stephanie on January 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments :) And thanks HippieMom, I left you a comment on your blog :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails