I scream for Raw Banana Ice Cream!

November 3, 2009

Good morning!
How are you today?

Things have returned to normal here, the kids have been "down" from their sugar high since yesterday and everyone is happy and calm(er) again.

That makes for one happy Mama!



A couple days ago, I decided to buy a coconut. I can't find young Thai coconuts here unless I drive an hour to get to the city, so I had to settle for a mature coconut.


I collected a little over a cup of coconut water from it, it's delish! Not to mention so good for you! Did you know that coconut water is full of electrolytes? I only learned that recently, I thought it was interesting. I'll have to keep coconut water on hand in summer months, as I tend to get weak easily when I spend any amount of time in the sun. Coconut water would beat the heck out of the sugary and artificially coloured store bought electrolyte drinks!

Anyways, back to my coconut...

Does that not look yummy?

I was not too sure what I was going to do with it, but I figured if I could not think of a use for it, I could always just eat the "meat" straight up, because I love coconut enough to do that. Call me crazy! ;)

I had been thinking of trying to make some raw banana ice cream for a while, and after reading a few ways to do it on blogs, and even on YouTube, I finally decided to try it. I've seen alot of people making it using straight up frozen bananas, but it was not moving along in my food processor. So to help it a little, I added a touch of the coconut water.

I ended up with this...
Wow, this stuff blew my mind!!!

You can eat it right away, because it has the consistency of soft serve, or you can freeze it. No ice cream machine needed if you don't have one!


The taste reminded me of this frozen treat my mom used to buy when I was a kid. They were these sort of Popsicle's from Chiquita (one of the banana growers) and this raw ice cream has the same taste. Needless to say, I feel like a happy kid eating this! Even my kids loved this one! I should give them some for breakfast, if it's going to get them eating healthy again, ha!

The stuff was so good, I got a little carried away making raw ice cream.

So I soaked some raw cashews, blended them with some water, added frozen bananas, some fresh pineapple chunks... and then added some coconut meat.

It made for an interesting texture. I could not tell if I liked it or not. The next day, I decided to give it a try again and to my surprise, it's actually really good. Addicting even!

Now I have about half of that coconut left and some of the water as well... going to make a green smoothie with it, I'll let you all know later how that turned out, so stay tuned!

I know, I'm getting excited about trying recipes with coconut.

I'm a food nerd, what can I say!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mrs. M on November 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM said...

Whoa! Can't wait to try this one. I feel like I'm depriving my children of childhood by not letting them have ice cream.
Thanks for the recipe!

aris Munandar on December 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM said...

kulkas Toshiba Portable Masih Menyala Meski Mati Lampu
kulkas Toshiba
kulkas Portable
kulkas Toshiba Portable
Obat Batuk

Amelia Dwi on October 10, 2015 at 7:07 AM said...

Pusat Toko Obat Herbal Pemutih Wajah Alami

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails