A cool refreshing drink...on a cold fall day?

November 13, 2009

I tried a new drink today and I just had to share.

It's called Chia Fresca and you can find the recipe on the blog Kristen's Raw. I wrote down the recipe months ago when she posted it because it seemed interesting, but I did not have chia seeds. I actually had never even tried them before.

But I just bought some chia seeds last week, and I happen to have a bag full of grapefruit that I did not know what to do with. And this is what I made:



It's cool, refreshing and... I know, it's not summer here anymore. I sure wish I would have tried it a few months ago when it was still warm outside. And I can honestly say, that you don't taste the sour of the grapefruit in this drink. Not one bit! Not a fan of chia seeds, or just don't have them? Then just make it without. You'll still be surprised by this juice.

At least now I know what to do with the other 6 grapefruits that are in my fridge!

OK, maby the next recipe I share with you will be something... um... warmer. I promise!

3 comments:

Mrs. M on November 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM said...

Where did you get the Chia seeds? On line? I've been really interested in trying them.

Stephanie on November 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM said...

They were at my local health food store. They are the brand Natural Factors and it's a BC company. Got it on sale too, gotta love that!

Beach Vintage on November 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM said...

OK I adore pink grapefruit...looks amazing. Thanks for visiting me whilst I have been away.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails