Where did Fall go?

October 9, 2009

Happy Friday everyone!

OK, so I'm going to pretend I am having a good Friday as well, that my kids are behaving so well today and that I don't feel like selling them on e-bay (well, not really, but you know what I mean.) or this post will turn into a venting one.

I'm also going to pretend that it is fall (oh wait! It is!) and that there is no snow on the ground and that it's not -7 Celsius outside (without taking into account the darn wind).

Other than that, I'm doing fabulous!! (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

Well, since it's supposed to be fall and that it's apple time, I've been feeling nostalgic about the great childhood memories I have, making a day out of apple picking with my mom and family back home in Quebec, then the next day, making applesauce and apple crisp with my mom. Yum!
I can't do that anymore with my family because I moved across country. I also cannot start this tradition with my own children because there are no orchards around here. I mean none. Alberta is not exactly apple country, lol.
But they do sell apples everywhere, and to make those yummy apple treats are still the next best thing during this season.
So today, I decided to share with you my mom's applesauce recipe. It is THAT good, it needs to be shared!
My mom's applesauce:
Start by peeling, coring and slicing 8-10 apples. (we always use McIntosh, but soft fleshed apple will work)
1/4 cup sugar (I am going to try agave nectar next time)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
Put everything into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Then put on low heat and simmer until desired texture. (I like when it still has some chunks of apples left).
It does not make a whole lot. These are relatively small containers, but it's so good and worth it! If I were you, I would double the batch, because it wont last long!
And since we are talking about fall, and it's October, I just want to let you all know I found my daughter's Halloween costume. She tried it today and she looks SO darn cute in it!
Thought I would leave you with this teaser:

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. I know most of you take "weekends off" and don't check your blogs, but for me, weekends are when I get bored and have nothing to do. So I'm sure I'll have a few more posts for you in the next couple days.

1 comments:

Beach Vintage on October 11, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Hi Stephanie, Don't worry about the sarcasm, us mums know the deal. Yummie apples......thanks so much for dropping by Beach Vintage.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails