Vegetable Curry recipe and too much of a good thing

October 14, 2009

Hello!
I hope everyone is having a good week so far?

As promised in my last post, I will share the vegetable curry recipe.

Now, this is the last time for a while that I will mention anything curry because it's starting to come out my ears. I've had it 3 times already in the last 4 days and still have 3 single-meal size containers of it in the freezer!

It tasted great, really! But if like me, you cook for a small crowd, maby just do half the recipe, or you'll have vegetable curry coming out the "wazoo" too!

Vegetable Curry

  • 1 can (14oz) light coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp red curry paste
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 small Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved
  • 4 cups butternut squash, cut into chunks
  • 4 cups cauliflower florets
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 3 cups cooked rice
  • Garnish with chopped cilantro

Whisk coconut milk, flour and curry paste in a 3 1/2-qt or larger slow-cooker. Stir in vegetables, except peas; mix well.

Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours until vegetables are tender. Stir in the peas, cover and let sit 5 minutes. Serve over rice; garnish with cilantro.

I did not have any peas, so I added some fresh spinach at the end for a bit of greens, but the peas would have been perfect. I served mine over some Thai jasmine rice, cooked with some coconut milk, instead of all water.

I hope you enjoy!

Now, I'm going to end this post since I just had some of the veg curry for supper. Again. I'm all curried out. But it's good. Really good. I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails