Little girl's room ideas

October 14, 2009

Next week, my hubby will be coming home for days off and we have planned to go out and get our little girl a bigger bed. We changed her crib to a toddler bed when she was 16 months. I know, it's early, but she was ready. She only tried to get out of her bed 2 times at night once we removed the bars. Now, she is 2 1/2 and it seems she is outgrowing her bed. She's almost as tall as her big brother (who is turning 4 in a few weeks). She really needs a bigger bed!

I already know what kind of bed I am getting her. It's going to have to be a captain's bed. She does not have a dresser and I don't want to put one in her room to not take from her play space, so it will be nice to have that extra storage for her clothes.

I could just buy her a bed and call it a day, but why stop there?

Oh, yes, did I mention we live in an apartment and are not allowed to paint the walls?
It has to stay white.
I don't want white. But I don't have a choice.

So I've been looking online for inspiration.
And inspired I am.

Only one (more like a few) problem(s). I do know what I like, but I like different design styles, I am not willing to spend/don't have tons on the room, the walls have to stay white (oh wait, I've said that already), and am not sure how I'm going to put it all together. Other than that, it should be a piece of cake!

So here are my inspirations...
(The first two pics I found through Swish and Swanky.)

via make room for living




via desire to inspire




If you want to see more, I found a huge grouping of pictures of kids rooms called "go to your room" on Flickr. That's where I found this last room (last 2 pics). It's by lerkaj.

I will post more on my decorating my daughter's room as I go along. I hope you enjoyed these pics! They surely make me smile with all the pretty colors!

1 comments:

sheri (Green and Crunchy) on October 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM said...

Ooh, a big-girl bed! How exciting!

Two of my kids have captain's beds, two are in bunkbeds, and one sleeps with me. I love the captain's bed -- great for rooms with no dresser and so nice to have that extra storage. The two we have are both trundle captain's beds, which are handy too.

I love the pictures you posted! So many good ideas there -- and I think pink and orange go really well together! And even though you can't paint the walls, you can add a lot of color to the room just with bedding and decor. Have fun creating a new little sleep space for your little girl! Would LOVE to see pics when you're done :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails