Happy Thanksgiving!

October 12, 2009

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and everyone was busy going to family dinners, eating turkey and all the trimmings.


Me... not so much.

My hubby is at work for another 8 days and most of our family live across country, so it was just me and the kids.

I was also not about to cook a turkey or chicken, since I've been mostly veg again for the last month. But I still wanted to make a nice meal for the kids and I.
I had been wanting to try this new recipe my friend Kara gave me, so I ended up making Vegetable curry in the slow cooker. For Thanksgiving. A bit un-traditional, I know :)



Looks good, right? It tasted even better! And so easy to make.

I served it on a bed of Thai jasmine coconut rice. My daughter's favourite kind of rice (and mine too). Mmm. The whole meal cooked slowly for 7 hours in the slow cooker. It was perfection. And you know how much my kids ate of it?

NONE!!

Most surprising of all, was that my daughter refused to eat after two small bites of her favourite rice. My son, on the other hand, did not even eat one bite. I do have to give him credit though, he did try the vegetable curry. A teeny tiny bite, but he tried.

Well, since I was a good girl and ate all my supper, I also got to have some desert, (unlike my kids).

What? I was not about to reward them with desert for not eating any supper at all.

But I had some. And it was soooo good! Since I had already been cooking with coconut milk, I was sort of on a coconut milk kick by then. I remembered a recipe I found online on about.com a while back, for this Thai style creme caramel. It was so easy to make and tasted delicious.

I may have eaten (inhaled) two that night, but I'm not telling.

I will post the recipes this week. But now, I'm going to have a nice hot tea before bed and try to start one of these books I bought a couple weeks ago.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, if you celebrated it this weekend!

2 comments:

Sheri (Green & Crunchy) on October 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

That curry looks amazing! I'll bet your house smelled sooooo good! Love the greens tossed in there too, yum.

Such a cute dessert! Good for you for making such a nice meal for you and the kids, even though hubby is away. Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie on October 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM said...

Thanks Sheri!

Yes, the curry left a nice aroma in the kitchen, but not overpowering. It was supposed to have peas in it, but I forgot to get some, so I tossed in some spinach. Had to have some greens!

I hope your feeling better.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails