Coup de coeur

October 29, 2009

I love "blog surfing". There are so many interesting blogs out there!
But once in a while, you stumble upon a blog that you find interesting enough to start following.
And what's even more rare, is when I find a blog that speaks so much to me, that I feel compelled to read every single post on it. Does that ever happen to you?
In french, we call that a "coup de coeur". I guess the translation would be love at first sight.
(If your wondering why the heck I'm using a french expression all of a sudden, it's because french is my first language. I'm from Montreal... there is so much you don't know about me! It will have to wait to another post ;)

Well, it happened to me last night!

I found a blog called Making love in the kitchen, by Meghan Telpner.

She is a nutritionist and holistic lifestyle consultant AND she's Canadian! Woo Hoo!

Haha, sorry, but I think that's cool.

I had talked about last month why I became so passionate about nutrition and how I want to become a holistic nutritionist. (You can read about it HERE.) So when I read Meghan's description and found out that she is doing what I want to do, that definitely made me want to read more.

But you don't have to want to become a nutritionist to like her blog. She has (quirky, fun) videos, recipes (mostly vegan) and she shares the nutrition info in a non boring way. She believes in eating a whole foods, predominantly plant based diet (like I do), and I love all the actually healthy recipes she shares. Now I find it gives me a good point of reference on how to start making wholesome healthy meals for the kids and I.

She just really inspired me on not giving up and now I feel like I don't have to feel pressure, to just take the changes one step at a time. She also renewed my lately-not-so-bright spark for nutrition. I had been in a funk in the last few weeks, but now, I feel ready to take a step forward.

Anyways, I guess I should stop rambling. The point is, if your looking for new healthy recipes, or just like reading about nutrition in a non boring kinda way, go check out her blog!

Now I'm off to read every possible post she wrote until I have to go to bed. And yes, I have other things to do, but I just don't feel like doing them right now. Dishes can wait! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails