What a busy week!

September 25, 2009

I hope you all had a good week? Mine was very busy!

In addition to taking my little man to play school twice a week now, I also started working (again). I am still, for the most part, a stay at home mom, but I have a part-time job that I started September last year. I babysit kids at the recreation centre in my town, while parents work out. It's only for 2 hours in the mornings, 4 mornings a week. I am lucky enough to be able to bring my kids with me to work (I LOVE my job even more for that!), I have the rest of my days free to spend with them, and my schedule pretty much resembles one of a school calendar. So I never have to work on weekends, I have 2 weeks off during the Christmas holidays, and get my summers off!

I know, I'm lucky, right?

This week, was my first week back at work, since this past June. Which means, waking up early(er) in the mornings, AND taking my son to school in the afternoons, making my daughter skip her afternoon naps twice this week (because of school) AND on top of that, we had all been sick with the flu.

If you look at it in term of hours, I know, my 2 hour work morning, and my guy's 2 hour/twice a week class is not much. But it's certainly felt allot busier than our relax, unplanned, unscheduled and free spirited summer days.

That being said, I am so glad to be back into a routine again!

With a busy scheduled week, comes the weekend that will actually feel like a weekend, and not like any other day of the week.

So I've been thinking of going to the city with the kids tomorrow and head to Chapters (my favourite book store!). I made a list of potential buys (9 books) because I can't go there unprepared with 2 toddlers. Made that mistake once and came out of there with something I ended up having to return. You just can't browse and roam in a bookstore with little kids and not have a game plan! You can't!!

So I thought I'd share my list:
  1. Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko (a book about raw foods)
  2. Raw Food Life Force Energy by Natalia Rose
  3. Raw Made Easy for 1-2 people by Jennifer Cornbleet
  4. The China Study (about a massive study done about the truths and myths of too much protein in the diet)
  5. The Kid Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook, Gluten Free and Casein Free diet (has loads of info on how diet can affect kids)
  6. The Celestine Prophecies (read that as a teen, but have been wanting to read it again so bad)
  7. Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama
  8. Eat, Pray, Love
  9. Julie, Julia

So here you have it. A very varied list of books that all pique my curiosity.

Now... how I am supposed to pick only one or two, is beyond me. We'll see tomorrow what speaks to me I guess.

(Pic of my regular cup of coffee, thought it would add some color to this post ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend. Now I'm going to go relax with a nice cup of tea before bed. I really need to unwind from my week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails