Our weekend and a new favourite (healthy) recipe!

September 27, 2009

As mentioned on my last post, I wanted to go to the city on Saturday and get a book (or 3). Well, it did not happen. It was cool when we woke up and VERY windy!!


We had such a nice lazy morning, that by the time we got dressed (past lunch time), it was too late to go to the city. I know, I know, but I did say we were having a lazy morning! :) And it was so windy, I was not driving an hour in that kind of wind. Since becoming a mom, I'm such a wuss when it comes to weather and driving!

Anyhow.


We made it out of the house though. I took the kids to the movie rental place. And Ashton almost blown away! Coming out of the store, he opened the door, and a huge gust of wind blew the door open and Ashton went a few feet away and landed on the ground! I am not making this up! He looked up at me, and I'm not sure he knew how he even got there, lol.


We did make it to the city today though. They were out of almost all the books that were on my list. Can you imagine? What were the chances? But here is what I came home with:


A reusable bag I bought there, because I forgot mine in the car, I hate using plastic bags AND I thought it was so cute! (I know, I'm such a nerd!)

I did find Eat Pray Love (Yay!), and got a book about Reiki (I can do the energy thing, but I just don't know what I'm doing, so I thought it would be great to read about the how to, and it was on sale :)

And the book in the middle is a Vegetarian recipe book (my first one!), filled with pictures. In fact, every single recipe has a picture! Those are hard to find. And there were no strange ingredients, just very simple, wholesome ingredients that hopefully make some very tasty food! On sale too by the way, I totally scored!


When we came home, I made supper early for the kids. They were starved... for veggies! Neither of them touched their pasta salad and only munched on their bread a while later. They went straight for their veggies and hummus!

For some reason, Arianne was eating like this:

She had to use her finger to eat the rest of the hummus, as she was out of veggies. I'm just not sure what the finger in the ear was for, but it sure was cute!!

Silly girl!


Last, but not least, I want to share this little find. A healthy (raw) breakfast or whenever recipe. It's called Autumn Apple Grawnola, from In The Raw. You can find the recipe on her site HERE. Go check out her blog, she's got great stuff there, and tons of yummy looking recipes. I have a few (alot) more I want to try that she posted.

It was very easy and tasted AMAZING!

It's a very giving recipe, because it calls for shredded coconut, and I forgot to put it in (what a shame, it would have been even better! If that's possible).
I also forgot to soak my almonds, and it calls for sunflower sprouts but I used sunflower seeds. And the last change I had to make: It calls for almond milk or coconut water and I had neither. So I made "Nana milk" by placing 1/2 banana and a bit of water in the blender.

Like I said, it's a very giving recipe. Even with all these changes, it was so good, I'm still craving some. I'll have to go to the store tomorrow, because I used my last fresh banana's for it this morning and you cant use frozen ones for that (except for the banana milk).

MUST keep a constant supply of fresh bananas now. Did I mention I was still craving this? Oh yeah. I'm telling you, weather you eat a raw diet or not, you have to try this. It was so filling, I was full (but not stuffed) until lunch time. It makes allot!

Quick note: For the first time ever, I did not have any cooked foods until 3pm. I had the apple grawnola for b-fast, and a green smoothie for lunch. It actually kept me satisfied until mid-afternoon. I actually feel great right now and my stomach feels light. Usually at this hour (11:30pm) my stomach does not feel good. Might have to try this raw eating thing again and keep supper for a nice cooked veg meal... We'll see :)

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm going to dream of Apple Grawnola now. Good night!

1 comments:

Stephanie on September 29, 2009 at 6:04 PM said...

test

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails