How my Wednesday went...

September 3, 2009

This afternoon, Ashton was telling me this made up story, over and over again.

Ashton: The ball went over the "ban" and then landed on the other side and it went boom!

Me: You mean over the van?

Ashton: No Mom, over the "ban"!

Me: Ashton, what's a ban?

Ashton: It's a kind of "shin dig".

Me: Bwahahahaha. Where does this kid get these things from?!



After supper:

Usually after they are done eating supper, they play together very well. So I decided to get up to date on some blogs I follow. Then the phone rang, and I talked for about 15 minutes. I could hear the kids, there was no scary silence, so I thought I was safe.... NOT!

I turn around, only to find the clean clothes (that I had left in the basket to fold later) all over the living room floor. I start cleaning the mess.

As I'm cleaning, Ashton decides to try and make his toy hepikaker (that's how he says helicopter) fly. So really, he threw the toy from across the room, at the little kids table in the kitchen, it landed against Arianne's full glass of soy milk and then I had a puddle to clean on their table AND the floor.

As I'm sponging milk off the floor, Arianne comes to me with the handle of her toy basket from her room. The one that contains all her "babies" and stuffed animals. Seems she had been IN the basket and Ashton tried to tow her around and pulled the material handle right off.

As I go into her room to pick up all the stuffies from the floor and put them in a now partly broken basket, I discover an empty snack bowl on her bedroom floor, along with some peas (out of the pod) they were supposed to have snacked on earlier.

In the mean time, Ashton gets hungry again (darn growth spurts) and asks me for some watermelon slices. I put a bunch of them in a plate, on their now clean again little kids table (which is in the kitchen). I came back from Arianne's room with the peas to put them in the garbage, only to find Ashton sitting on the couch, with a slice of watermelon.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Make it stop!!!

Me: Ashton, get off the couch with the watermelon. You can't eat that there! It's either in the kitchen, or you don't get any at all.

Ashton: Why? (favourite question of the past 6 months)

Me: Because it's messy!

Ashton: Why?

Me: Because I said so!


Is it bedtime yet???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha

and I'm guessing that the 15 minutes call was me?

hahahaha!!!!


Auntie Val

Stephanie on September 3, 2009 at 8:35 AM said...

It sure was! ;)

Mrs. M of RWB and Me on September 3, 2009 at 12:31 PM said...

Oh, I hear you & feel your pain. As I write this there is a gigantic pile of unfolded laundry on the floor in front of me...used to be in the baskets but one little 2yr old went wild this morning...so I decided to wait until nap time!
Yesterday when my hubby got home I put myself in a time-out (that's what I told the 4yr old) in our room so I could read and rejuvenate...cause otherwise...UGLY!!:)
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the positive feedback. That means alot! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you via this new found inter-blogging friendship!

Sheri on September 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

THIS IS MY LIFE TOO.

Oh boy can I relate :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails