My birthday week

September 16, 2009

* Warning*
This post will be long, and filled with pictures. If your not one for looking at other people's vacation pictures, (or reading about them) this post may not be for you. If it's your thing, then thanks for sticking around!


Like I had mentioned on my last post, my best friend Val surprised me, and flew in the day before my birthday. If this last week is any indication as to what the rest of the year will be like, then turning 29 years old ROCKS!!



First, we went for lunch at a friends place, and then headed out for our hotel room, just before we get to the mountains. We (Val and I) did our toe nails, and hung out with Alban and the kids.
Val's super cool shirt. I just had to take a pic of it for the blog!


Ashton posting on a statue of a bear in the streets of Jasper.

The gondola of Whistler's Mountain, in Jasper. We didn't take it this time.
But we had a picnic for lunch underneath it.

I took this picture above on the way to the Athabasca Falls, (Ab).

We stopped at this place we discovered last time. It's now my favourite spot. Look at that water! Oh, and my daughter's pretty cute too, lol.
Ashton, posing.
Candid picture I took of Val and the kids hanging out.
Our best family picture to date. I just love it.
We spent the day in Jasper, showed Val the Athabasca Falls (which were a bit hit with her), then to Lake Louise and ended the day in Canmore, at a hotel. Well, it was more like a condo. On two levels, 1 1/2 baths, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living room with gas fireplace... you get the idea. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend enough time there to enjoy that condo. But we will go back there someday, for sure. It was so worth it.
The next morning, when we woke up in our fabulous room/condo in Canmore, this is the view we had from the parking lot. It was breath taking!






Alban and Ashton at Mount Norquay, in Banff (Ab). We love taking "portraits" there.

Above: The best picture of me the whole trip, and maby even in the past couple years. Alban took it just as we were about to leave too. I'm glad he did!

The trip around the mountains was definitely filled with fun, laughter, smiles, shopping, lots of Ooo's and Ahhh's and whining and sassing from my hungry and tired daughter (what trip would be complete without that!). And lets not forget the Strawberry Shortcake DVD watching, over and over and over. I have yet to let her watch it since we came back. We all had an overdose of the "very berry" talk.

The day after we came back home, Ashton had his first day of school! Well, preschool that is, but it still counts, right?

Ashton doing a cool dude pose outside his school. I don't know where he gets these things. But he LOVES school! He was OK with letting me leave, which SHOCKED me! He's definitely growing!

The next day, we spent at the West Edmonton Mall. (It is or used to be the biggest mall in the world I believe.) We shopped, ate and rode the roller coasters. Yes, there is a roller coaster INSIDE the mall. There is a whole amusement park inside the mall. It's a pretty cool place to hang out for the day. I could not let Val come all the way to visit me, and not take her there. I'm pretty sure this mall is on her "To Do Again" list ;)

On their last day together, before Dad had to go back, the boys were hanging out, playing golf on Play Station. They are so alike, aren't they?

Well, it was an amazing week. So much so, that Val changed her flight to stay an extra 2 days! We went to a friends place for a barbecue, then headed to a baseball field with the kids for our town's annual Movie Night in the Park. We saw up, sitting in lawn chairs, brought our own snacks and dressed warmly. It was so much fun!

Weather we traveled around the province to sight see, or just stayed at home and relaxed in our Jammie's, one thing was for sure: It was an amazing/busy/fun filled week, and the physical distance between Val and I, changed nothing to our friendship. We always pick up right where we left off.

I just want to end by saying a huge thank you to Alban. You are the best and I love you.

(Told you this post would be extra long! )

1 comments:

Mrs. M on September 18, 2009 at 12:41 AM said...

What a great week! Great pics!
And your kiddos are too cute! Glad to hear that your little man is enjoying preschool...isn't it super to have a break and some one on one time with the little one? We're loving it at our house too!
Glad you had such a memorable birthday week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails