Refreshing summer drink

August 19, 2009

I was copying this recipe for my friend Kara yesterday, and then it dawned on me, that I had not posted a recipe in a while. This recipe happens to be perfect for hot summer days. (if it's summer where you are)

Rhubarb Iced Tea

Photo via edining.ca (their recipe is a rhubarb lemonade punch, but the picture was so pretty, I wanted to use it anyways)

In a large heatproof bowl, steep 7 green tea bags in 8 cups boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring to a boil 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, 1 cup sugar ( I would use some honey), 1 cup water and a strip of lemon rind.

Reduce heat to medium-low heat, simmer, stirring until rhubarb breaks up, about 5 minutes. Discard lemon rind, and stir rhubarb mixture into tea. Refrigerate until cold.

Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into pitcher, pressing solids only gently so beverage remains clear. Serve over ice. Makes 8 cups (or 12-16 servings)

It's warming up here again (we are having a strange summer this year) and I happen to be having a play date this Friday with a friend and her daughters. I think I should make this tomorrow, it would be a great play date beverage! (or for a brunch, or picnic, or, well, you get the idea!)

What's your favourite summer drink?

Stephanie xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails