Kids playhouses

August 8, 2009

It's a nice warm and sunny day here right now, and being cooped inside my 3rd floor apartment, has me longing for a yard. Not just for me, but mostly for the kids. They are bored but I have allergies to the sun, so it's not tempting for me to take them to the park every single day or go for long walks with them.

I feel bad for not being able to just let them play outside ALL the time, like normal kids.

So today, I am especially wishing I could give them something like this:



They are called kids crooked houses. You can visit them here. The one on the left is called Pirate Cove.

Aren't they cute? But any kids playhouse at this point would do for them I'm sure.

Just a couple more years and then we'll have a house, a yard. And then my husband will be asked with a big pretty please (and batting eye lashes) to make them one kinda like this :)

Writing about this reminds me that when I was a teen, my friends and I built a small "house" by the river, just beside the path. All we did there was play cards, talk and listen to music. But we had fun there, it was a place we could call our own.

Do your kids have any special place outside? A hideaway spot in the yard? A tree house? What's your fun childhood memory about playing outside? I'd love to know!

Have a great weekend.
Stephanie xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails