What we ate yesterday

July 14, 2009

Yesterday was a good day.
Everyone was happy, rested, well behaved. But it was also a good food day. We ate so many healthy things, my body must have been trying to tell me something. After the last 2 weeks of being out and about on mini vacations, I felt absolutely gross. I'm so ashamed of what I ate, I wont even tell you were we ended up eating most times because of how often we ate there.

For breakfast, I had some hearty organic oatmeal (forgot to take a picture), topped with ground flax, hemp seeds, unsulphured raisins, cinnamon and maple syrup.

Then, morning snack was another green smoothie. Yum!

(OK, I did have a couple cups of coffee too, otherwise I am very grumpy)

At lunch, my friend's daughter was over because I was "babysitting" her. It was a last minute kind of thing and I had nothing planned for lunch. So this is what a quick put together meal can look like:

Blueberries, dried goji berries, marble cheese (I wanted to put some raw cashews, but I was unsure if she would eat them. I used to love eating cheese just like that, but I found myself not wanting it.) Noodles with tomato pesto, SO good! A homemade biscuit and some cuke.

Then, sometime in the afternoon, I snacked on one of those puppies. I just love avocado's!

In the afternoon, I went to the health food store. I was in the mood for a healthy, but sweet snack. I decided to try something new and bought these unsulphured papaya spears. They were HUGE! I only nibbled on a tiny end and kept the rest of the spear for later that evening when the urge for a sweet snack would hit me. They are my new favourite sweet snack. I cant believe that I waited this long to try one.

And this was our supper. Salmon, oven roasted potatoes, and snap peas with plain yogurt for the potatoes. I forgot to take a picture before digging into the yogurt and giving some salmon to the kids. But oh well, it was so good.

Speaking of food, I should really get off the computer and go make some lunch. Someone has to feed these kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails