Raw mango "ice cream"

July 26, 2009

With all this heat, we've been craving frozen treats a lot here this week.

But I'm not a fan of conventional ice cream anymore, often an easy "go to" for parents.

First, my son and I are both lactose intolerant, so that's obviously not tempting. Eat ice cream, have instant tummy aches and don't leave the house for hours...No thank you!

Second, since we eat healthier here this year, I don't really like food that comes out of a box or container. They contain way too much sugar and additives, something my son's body does not react well to.

So I decided to make raw mango "ice cream".

Raw Mango "Ice Cream"

1 1/2 cup Mango, cut up

1/3 cup raw (unpasteurised) honey

1/2 cup water

I put everything in the blender until smooth and then in a container to freeze over night. It was a bit too sweet to my taste, even if I used less honey than the recipe calls for, but I did forget to add a dash of lime juice, which would explain the sweetness AND my mango was so ripe and sweet!

The good thing with this kind of recipe, is that you can adjust it to your liking before freezing. If your a non-honey vegan, you could switch the honey for raw agave. And don't limit yourself to 1 kind of fruit. Try strawberries, or papayas, or even substitute the water for fresh orange juice, or coconut water!

Oh the possibilities!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and
thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.


Also visit my web blog - Brave Frontier Hack

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails