Pina Colada Smoothie

July 12, 2009

Everytime I go to my local Health Food Store, they always have these free health magazines by the cash register. I picked up a couple and one of them had the intire issue dedicated on the benefits of coconut. There was this smoothie recipe in the back that I decided to try, and it's now my new favourite! (Besides my daily green smoothie, of course)

The original recipe leaves alot of room to make this in almost any way to suit your taste buds, but this is how I made it.

Pina Colada Smoothie


1 cup orange juice (recipe called for juice, milk or water, depending on what you like)
1 cup plain unsweetened yogourt
2 cups fruit (I used 1 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup fresh pineapple)
3 Tbsp good quality extra-virgin cold pressed (raw) coconut oil

Blend until smooth and Voila!
It tastes like Pina Colada, minus the alcohol, and it's SO filling. It's basically a meal or a snack if your really hungry. Next step for me is to figure out how I can "green" it up, (remove the plain yogourt and add some dark leafy greens) and still have it taste the same. I'll try to make my breakfast green smoothie taste the same tomorow and I'll let you know what happens!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails