Changes

July 29, 2009

I was going through some papers a couple days ago, and stumbled upon something I wrote down back in January.

Reading it made me realise just how much I have grown and changed since then. I wrote this about at the time or just before I started this blog.

I truly believe that my blog has hugely helped me find myself. But I find it interesting that some things I wrote on paper happened since.

I thought I would share it with you. These are thoughts that came to me, late at night, at a time when I was just feeling so lost. So here it is:

My journey to health
As I am writing this, I am sitting on my bed, surrounded by veg. recipes, health pamphlets and a vegetarian magazine. I find I want to immerse myself in this new world. I feel it's giving me a purpose. I'm learning about food, but it's more than that. It's health. I'm learning about health, but it's more than that. It's life.
I used to meditate, but now I don't anymore. I used to be happy, but now I'm just moody. I am now a 28 year old mom of two amazing toddlers, and I'm tired all the time and I'm cranky all the time.
I think I found my path. It's going to take a while to get to where I want to be. But what an amazing journey this will be. I want to be a better mom, a healthy and happy woman, a peaceful spirit. I can already see how this is going to change me. It's like a domino effect. Many pieces that all lead to one place. But there are so many pieces, that I just can't quite put words to all this yet. But I am liking where it's taking me.
Boy, how right did I turn out to be! It started with me learning SO much about nutrition, then I drooped about 15 lbs, became calmer, definitely happier, my kids are happier and calmer (went from thinking my son might have ADHD to fixing most of the issues through diet), my relationship is so much better because we are all happier... and I found myself in the process!
I am still growing, learning, expanding my horizons. But I can truly say, my whole family is better because of this journey I went on.
I guess the moral of the story is that if your a mom and lost yourself, it's definitely worth trying to find yourself again. Sometimes things in life can happen, and transform you into someone you don't know anymore. It's up to you to make changes and do something about it.
Try it, you just might be surprised by what happens!
Stephanie xx

3 comments:

Stephanie on August 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie on August 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie on August 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM said...

Testing comment window

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails