I hate goodbyes!

June 9, 2009

Well, I guess the time has come for me to say goodbye...to a friend of mine that is. Bienka is moving tomorrow morning. So in a couple of hours, I am going over to her place for a visit and, well, to say goodbye. Not too fond of the idea.

Ironically, we met shortly after another friend of mine had moved away. What's even more ironic, is that, this other friend of mine that moved away last year is now back. Anyways, Bienka basically showed up in my life at a time where I felt sad and lonely. We quickly became good friends. We did alot of lunch/play dates with the kids. Even went Christmas shopping with her. The only "girl's day out" I had without kids in a whole year. We never ran out of conversation and I can be myself with her and not feel intimidated (like I tend to be sometimes with certain people).

I am going to miss her. I know she's not moving at the other end of the world, (it is an 11 hour drive though) and we still have phones and Internet and mail...but it's just not the same. I guess I'm used to be the one moving away, and getting all excited about my new life. I'm finding it way harder to be the one left behind!

So I'm going to go now and get ready for what I will call: "hanging out" with Bienka (and not "saying goodbye"). I'll let you know how it goes. But I just started crying as I'm typing this (and I don't think I cried at all in over 2 years), so I cant imagine it's going to go too well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, not to rub it in, but now you know how I feel now that you've all moved away!!!

First you, Then Tania, then Emilie and now Tiff!!!

But at least, you all know I'm still here for all of you's and will always be...

xoxoxox

PS: maybe I should move too???

Stephanie on June 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM said...

I know, I get it now Miss V. It's hard to leave and hard to be left behind. But in the end, you have to follow your path, your heart, and go where it takes you.

But when one of the friends move, that's when you find out if your true friends. I know I found out really fast the first time I moved far away.

I also found out (not that I had doubts) that you will ALWAYS be there for me, and me for you. Our friendship is truly a rare and precious one.
Love ya girl!
Hugs and kisses from the west ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails