Going on a mini-vacation

June 28, 2009

This weekend, we have been just hanging out at home. It's been windy, cool, and overcast. But after a while, the kids become almost hyper because they have to much energy, and no where to run and burn it. They then get in trouble for doing things they are not supposed to do. That is when I get the play d'oh out. It instantly calms them down, and keeps them focused.

Look, they were even sharing! I love those quiet and sweet moments in the middle of a cahotic and stressful day when they just don't seem to be able to get along.

Tomorrow we will be busy and out of the house for a good part of the day though. And then Tuesday we are off for a mini-vacation! The kids and I (hubby is still away for work) will be going to visit my sister-in-law. Her hubby and kids are on vacation at the other end of the country and she will be pretty lonely, so she invited us to spend Canada day with her. (She lives 4.5 hours away) I cant wait! We get along so well, we are very close friends. It will be my first road trip this far, by myself with both my kids, and I'm excited! We are coming back home Friday and Saturday my better half will be home on days off. We decided that, weather permitting, we will be taking our little family camping for the first time. I have never been camping, and neither have the kids, but I love the outdoors, so it should be a fun experience. But I'm not sure what I am most excited about: what we are going to do, or where we are going to do it. We will be going to Jasper (Alberta). It's my favourite place, ever! Mountains, waterfalls, cute little shops, lovely restaurants, wild mountain goats and deers on the side of the highway, it's amazing! I always come back from there with the best pictures ever. So if the weather is nice and we go camping, I will not be able to post until a week from now. But I will come back with pictures and stories I'm sure.

Hope you all enjoy your week, I know I am going to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails