Visions of Turquoise

May 5, 2009


Living in an apartment can be hard when you are not allowed to paint the walls and LOVE colour. Not to mention the fact that I am on the 3rd floor and have 2 toddlers, but that's a whole other story.

Since I found the blog house of Turquoise, I have been having visions of that colour. I always loved it, but looking at the great pictures on Erin's blog, made me nostalgic a bit.

I used to live in Prince Edward Island for 6 years (our house was about a mile from the beach). We only moved out here 2 years ago now, and though PEI is not where I am from, it is where I call home when I am not referring to where I am now. I love how this colour is so light and airy and evokes thoughts of the beach. And in all the designs, there is always a lot of white... I have LOTS of white, surely I can make it work too? I'll just need to add lots of turquoise to make it work.
Picture via flickr


Here are a few of my favourite pictures taken from House of Turquoise...



I also have lots of dark woods in my dining room and living room, which is an open concept, along with dark brown couches. So last night, I took out my turquoise throw and put it on the couch, decided to leave the turquoise place mats on the kitchen table even when we are not eating (to give a punch of colour) and exchanged my blue plates (that were in the storage closet) and put the red set away. It's not exactly lots of colour yet, but it's a start. I have no budget whatsoever right now, so it will have to do at the moment. Another thing I will do soon though, and it doesn't cost anything, is to attempt to make a painting in, you guessed it, turquoise!


Pictures to follow at a later date...



Well, I'm off to bed now.
Hopefully I will dream of the beach and it's crashing waves tonight :)

1 comments:

Beach Vintage on May 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM said...

Lovely photographs. Congrats for making a start with this colour. Sometimes it's the little things you do that can make all the difference.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails