A little of everything

May 23, 2009

I was wondering what to write about today. I've been pretty busy the last few days, but don't necessarily want to bore everyone with details running errands to the bank, etc and of multiple play dates. Though they were great and involved lots of fun for my kids and lunch in the company of good friends for me, I'm still not writing an entire article about it.

Oh, and by the way, it's shorts, t-shirt and sunscreen weather here since yesterday. Nice change from the picture taken 4 days ago. (Told you we were having a screwed up spring here this year!) But I'm not complaining today.

Anyways, I was wondering what to write about today, and then it hit me. There is one thing that I love and have not talked about on this blog yet: FOOD!

I started trying out some healthy recipes and attempting to do some "food photography". I love taking pictures, but had never tried to take cool pictures of food before. I posted a few on my Facebook and I've had quite a few friends that wanted the recipes. So I thought I might as well post them here. Maby other people can enjoy them too!


These are Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies. My best friend Val asked me for the recipe 2 days ago, so this is for you girl!


Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup all purpose flour (I use Organic Unbleached)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats (I use Organic as well)
1/2 cup seedless raisins (I may put a bit more in because I like it)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp ground flax
1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut

Mix the sugars and add applesauce, cinnamon and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients and stir into the sugar-applesauce mixture. Add oats and raisins. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. You can flatten the tops a bit if you want. They don't really spread out(I don't grease my old cookie sheet but for some reason they don't really stick) Bake at 375F degrees for about 10 minutes.


Recipe came originally from VegWeb, but I tweaked it a bit and I like it better this way. They don't have the texture of a regular oatmeal cookie, they are a bit cakey I guess I can say. Light and airy. But with the amount of fat you save my not putting in butter or margarine, I got over that pretty quick. Now I like them better than the traditional oatmeal cookies(full fat) I used to make. So yummy!

Well, I was going to add more recipes to this post, but I'll wait for another day when I have nothing interesting to talk about.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!

I'll be trying them soon!!!!

Love ya Girlfriend!!!

V

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails