Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

May 19, 2009

Or, "Walking in a winter wonderland" are the songs that came to mind when I wokeup this morning. My son woke up first. He was in my bed. He made his way to my window and moved the thick curtain to look outside and make sure it was "daytime" as he calls it. (He's been known to wake at 3-4 am every now and then, and think it's morning) And then I hear his sweet little voice saying "Mommy, it's snowing!". He said it with such excitment in his voice, I think it set the tone for our day.

View from our balcony.


Then I had this crazy idea, I took out the kids "Caillou's Holliday Movie" (aka Christmas cartoon) (they watched it twice) and we even had some hot chocolate. (told you it was crazy!) But you know what, it turned out to be the best and happiest day at home we've had in a long time. There was no screaming or fighting. They played so well together and that is a great day in my book.

I forgot to take a picture of them sipping their hot cocoa, so here are some nice pics I found online.

Photo via livecertifiedorganic.com

Photo via enerhealthbotanicals.com

I ended up taking them swimming at the recreation centre before supper with my friend and her daughter and we all had a great time. It's now 8:30pm and they have both been asleep for an hour already. Like I said, it's been a good day. Now, I should go have a nice hot bath and maby have a cup of my favourite tea to make the day that much better.

My heart is so happy :)

1 comments:

mom seeks life on May 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

That sounds like a beautiful day and just hang on to it when the bad ones come along because days like these will be just around the corner...(and I thought UK weather was bad!)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails