CAUTION - Venting ahead!

May 18, 2009

I need to find a pillow to scream in. I-AM-LOO-SING-MY-MIND!

We (me and the kids, dad is working away for another week), so, we have been home since Saturday. Home as in the only outing has been to the grocery store, and even that was not pleasant. I live in an apartment (3rd floor), so no yard. The weather has been unpredictable, lots of wind and intermittent rain, so no park, no walks. All my friends were away for the long weekend (except me of course), so no visits. All our family lives across country, except one (she was gone for the weekend as well), so that was out of the question. I did have in mind to take the kids swimming at the recreation centre everyday this long weekend, but my baby girl's naps have been longer than usual and by the time she woke up, swimming would have been almost done.

I guess I could take them swimming today, if I get her to skip her nap, but then take the risk to have her fall asleep later and never go to bed tonight, or be extra cranky the rest of the day.

And to add to the boredom factor, my son has been impossible! I know he is just as bored as I am, and he's got more energy than he knows what to do with since he is 3 1/2 years old, but does he really have to be so whiny, so controlling, so fussy, so bossy, so sassy and have so many tantrums in one day?

The two of them have not been able to get along all weekend. The fighting, the screaming, the yelling, the pushing, I cant take it anymore. Mama needs a break I think.

I'm actually starting to feel better as I am writing this. The kids magically started playing well, and together at that, since I began writing. Or maby it's just my morning dose of caffeine finally kicking in, lol. Who knows. What ever it is, as long as I don't pull my hair out, and don't end up bald at the end of the day, I don't care. Whatever makes Mama feel better :)



Photo by Zman4386 from photobucket.com

I wanted to add this picture to add some visual interest to my post and also because I know that no matter how hard things can seem, there is some positive if you just pay attention.

On that note, I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend.

1 comments:

mom seeks life on May 18, 2009 at 2:07 PM said...

I've been having a bad time with the kids too - partiularly Joe so I do know how you feel. It makes me feel so guilty and useless as wll because I know I should have the patience and love to see me through the tough times but lately I just don't feel like I am handling things as clear headedly and end up shouting...or I feel like I don't do enough to keep them busy and entertained but the truth is I am drained of energy from their constant demands and arguments!!! I do know that things will get better though and I do know that the more I feel stresed, the more they pick up on it and act up too so i am going to try my hardest to be as patient and kind as I can be tomorrow (yes, there's always tomorrow). I am going to try and get through a day without falling into bed at night feeling like I have let myself and the kids down. I have decided to spend some quality time with bea so am taking her to a butterfly sanctuary and play area instead of our usual routine and I am going to try and be a beacon of light and calm...and hope it rubs off on them!!! Good luck x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails