Bubble Baths

May 13, 2009

My neck, shoulders and upper back have been killing me lately. Probably because my kids had me up 4-5 times a night for the past week due to colds, night terrors and just plain ending up in our bed. It's hard to sleep well when you have feet in your face in the middle of the night. Though it's nice to cuddle with the kids, I was getting sore to say the least.

I was thinking of using a magic bag after my shower to relax my tense muscles. And as I entered the bathroom to start the shower, I decided to have a bubble bath. Nothing fancy, no flower petals, no champagne or wine, no book, no relaxing music. Just bubbles and a few candles.... WOW!!!

It had been a long, long time since I had a bath last. Let alone a bubble bath. But it was awsome! My neck didnt hurt the next morning, and I was SO relaxed. I now had a bubble bath two days in arow and I am left wondering... What took me so long to decide to have one? Because I feel like a better mom during the day thanks to this half hour of stillness in the evening. I might even enjoy a glass of wine next time!

picture via istickphoto



Have you had a bubble bath lately? If not, what are you waiting for?

1 comments:

mom seeks life on May 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM said...

This is one of the first things I started making time for when I decided to 'get back to me' and although they aren't all that often they are a lovely way to unwind at the end of the day. Enjoy it...and I definately reccomend the wine!!! Oh amd I know how you feel about being kicked in the head...happens almost every night - at least one of them gets in our bed. we ended up buying a Super King Size bed...but I'm still always being squashed by kids!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.

Stephanie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails